Ova and Parasite Stool Test “Diarrhoea Test”
Accurate diagnosis of these pathogen is critical for appropriate patient treatment. This test determines whether there are parasites present in the lower digestive tract and, if so, identifies them for diagnostic and treatment considerations. Peace of mind once the causative pathogen has been identified.
Who is this test for?
- This test is used to help diagnose the cause of prolonged diarrhoea.
- Diarrhoea is the most common symptom, others can include: abdominal cramps, foul-smelling flatulence and belching, nausea (feeling sick), bloating, indigestion, extreme tiredness, loss of appetite and weight loss.
How the test works?
- It uses a small sample of stool to look for evidence of common parasites.
What is being measured?
- This exam determines whether there are parasites present in the lower digestive tract
- See instruction inside test kit for details.
- 2 working days after receipt of sample
If you are looking for much more comprehensive bacteria, virus and parasites test? GI pathogen panel covers the most common digestive infections. Click here to read more