- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Testosterone is the most important male hormone and is produced by the testicles. It is essential in maintaining healthy sexual function, energy levels, mood, strength and levels of muscle and fat in the body. Its levels decline naturally as a man gets older. Testosterone deficiency in men is a common but often-missed diagnosis. This blood test is to measure testosterone levels in the blood.
Symptoms of low testosterone may appear earlier in some men and include:
- Loss of libido or sex drive
- Difficulty in getting an erect penis (erectile dysfunction)
- Inability of your partner to get pregnant (infertility)
- Premature or delayed puberty
- Tiredness or lethargy
- Muscle weakness
- Mood swings, anger, anxiety and depression
- Shaving less often, loss of body hair
- Breast growth
- Reduced testicle size
Who this test is for?
This test is for people looking to find out their testosterone levels. It may also prove useful for men who have decreased sex drive, erectile dysfunction, infertility and delayed puberty or, for women who are experiencing infertility, masculine physical features and excessive body hair.
What is being measured?
Levels of free testosterone.
Finger prick blood sample,
Testosterone levels in the male are highest in the morning and lowest in the late afternoon and evening, blood should be taken about 09:00 am. No fasting is required.
2 working days after receipt of sample.
- Cost of laboratory Analysis
- Postage & packaging
- Skin prick blood sample kit
- Medical questionnaire: a medical questionnaire helps our doctors when explaining the abnormal result
- Interpretation of results: abnormal result will be commented and relevant advice given by one of our experienced GPs or specialists
- Laboratory result: Results are sent to the email address provided on the consent form. If you would prefer, we can post results to you.
- Free follow-up: your personalised follow-up ID number will allow you to access free confidential medical advice if required
Safe, Affordable and Experience - All the abnormal results commented by our qualified doctors - Free confidential medical advice related to the test and result if required