- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Between 2011 and 2012, an estimated 8.9% of adults used an illegal drug. For young people aged between 16 and 24, the figure was 19.3%. In the UK, cannabis is the most commonly used recreational drug. Cocaine is the second most used. Drug misuse has a negative effect on the health, well-being and quality of life of too many people. If employers drug test their employee’s this will help decrease the amount of working days lost per year from drug abuse.
Who this test is for?
To screen for drug abuse or to monitor someone with a substance abuse problem. Sometimes required prior to the start of a new job, insurance policy or randomly for workplace drug testing.
Symptoms associated with drug abuse will vary from person to person. Some signs which may indicate somebody is using drugs include:
- They may become moody or tired, difficulty concentrating, poor
- appetite or lose of interest.
- Children may start doing less well at school.
- Sores around the mouth or nose, bloodshot eyes, pupils bigger or smaller than usual.
- Odd things around the house, such as torn cigarette packets, small sealable plastic bags, silver foil, needle covers, empty aerosol cans.
- Needing more money, and nothing to show for it. Money in the house going missing.
- Regularly getting into trouble, being more anxious or worried than normal.
- Unusual body smells, shaking or poor co-ordination.
What is being measured?
The presence of commonly abused drugs.
Some prescription and over-the-counter drugs may give a positive screening result.
5 working days after receipt of sample.
- Urine sample collection kit with detailed instructions of how to take the sample yourself, one Specimen safe mailing pack, one UN3733 labelled mailing envelope
- Postage & packaging: special pre-paid packaging is provided to return your sample safely, by post, to our laboratory for testing
- Cost of laboratory Analysis is included
- Medical questionnaire: a medical history questionnaire helps our doctors when explaining the abnormal result
- Interpretation of results: abnormal result will be commented and advice given by one of our experienced GPs or specialists
- Copy of laboratory result: results will be sent by email. If required, we will also send you a hard copy by post
- Free follow-up: your personalised follow-up ID number will allow you to access free confidential medical advice if required.
Safe, Affordable and Experience - All the abnormal results commented by our qualified doctors - Free confidential medical advice related to the test and result if required